Saturday, April 6, 2013

A Man Transformed

Ronald really wanted people to know how Christ changed his life. I got connected with Ron on our class Facebook page when we were all getting ready to start school. When I found out he was a Cameroonian and attended University of Buea, I decided to call him and we kept in touch till we went to school. I didn't know our meeting was divinely appointed.In MD 1 he was very timid and to himself all the time. I would always go and greet him and talk to him at his seat and then one day he was going through some personal issues and for the first time, I saw him walk to my seat. We both went out and talked for hours. We did that each day till we went home for the break in April. Over the break, we kept in touch and I shared with him the gospel and asked him if he wanted to receive Christ. He said yes and I led him to the lord and prayed with him. When we came back to school after the break, he came to me and asked me if we could please have bible studies everyday. so everyday during break he and I would have bible studies. I remember when he got back to school in May, Ola asked him about girls over the break and he said " Ola, I am now born again" Ola thought it was joke. As time went on, the transformation in Ron was evident.
He was so happy and would share testimonies with me of how his life was changing and the joy he was feeling inside. When we had his birthday party and everyone was asked to say something about him, most people talked about how much he had changed. He was so happy to hear that. Before our eyes, he became more open to people and became so popular. He always said that Christ transformed his heart. Even when he went home for the break, he told me people were commenting on how different he was. He loved to worship the Lord and pray as well as study his Bible. I remember, each time he and I would study together, He would even take the leadership and share a scripture and lead in prayer. As time went on, the more he grew in the Lord, the more transformation was evident and the more he became confident even in interacting with others. He spent his last days on earth encouraging people to be strong in the Lord and to live for Him. He made peace with everybody so even though our hearts ache because we miss him, we rejoice because we know he is with the Lord, resting in Him.

For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? or what shall a man give in return for his soul? -Matt 16:26
---
With Love
Roseline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your donations, prayers, and kind words! May such tragedies be rare and distant!