Tuesday, April 16, 2013

From ChoCho La

ChoCho La!!! ChoCho La!!!
There was one person in the world who called me this way, whenever I heard someone call me this I knew without doubt that it was you Super!!!. I will never forget that Christmas morning when still sleeping after a heavy night out I was woken by that special call just to see that you had traveled all the way from the US without letting any of us know just to surprise us. That was the kind of elder brother friend you were to us all…we came to know you through your junior brother Juno but with time you were just another brother to us all…we will never forget all the excitement we had when you did all you could to see to it that we will be the first people in Bamenda to touch the consoles of a PlayStation 3. 

Memories carry me far back to the night you had to travel to the US for the first time in September 2008, the night we spent on the Beach in Limbe, just the four of us, Juno, Miki, You and Myself, you brought along two special bottles of brandy (Napoleon) and that was the first time all of us were drinking brandy freely without hiding from the gaze of any parent, and how at 2 a.m higly boozed we held hands on the road at mile six and wished you a safe trip to the US, it was a happy moment for us because you were finally going to have all the opportunity to follow your dreams.
             Talking about football, you were always the person I was comfortable having at the left back position or at the central defense position and you had this sweet maxim which went thus, ‘Chocho La!!! Either man pass ball remain or ball pass man remain’ hahahaha….there is not one sad memory I can remember about you. I remember the last time we spoke just 8 days before you passed I was trying to tell you about my new girl friend and you searched her profile to no avail and I can’t believe you passed without her having an opportunity to meet you. 1st April, I can never forget all the emotion that went through my mind when Juno called me crying that Super was dead….Juno is one of the people I can never remember haven seen sobbing that loud, I called back and he told me they had just received a call from someone in Bonaire informing them, I went online and called people hoping that it was an April Fool’s joke, it’s only when I spoke to two school mates of yours at SJSM that I knew it was true but even then I spent the whole night praying that someone will tell me in the morning that it was a joke, but alas it was no joke, you had played the biggest April’s Fool on us all your Family, your friends and all who knew you, TRULY YOU HAD LEFT US.

   It has finally taken me four days to believe that you are no more amongst us…when I look at how sadden and brokenhearted I am writing this memoire of you, all I can do is pray for the Lord to comfort Juno and Ma Vero, she had become a mother to us all, I just hope she will have the courage to move on knowing that you are no more here, you were an inspiration to us all and whenever we thought of your coming which you did often, we knew you were going to organize football games, parties, PlayStation contest and so many other things. I feel empty inside right now and I have spent the past week asking why, what really happened, why it had to be you of all people…but no matter how many questions I ask as a Christian I know God has a better plan and His ways are not our ways and all I can say is rest in peace brother and prepare a place for all of us for it is a path we all shall travel and knowing that you have gone before me I am ready to travel it now for I am sure your presence will make it a better place to be. To all those who knew the tender person you were and to all those I am sure are sharing my pain and loss right now, Ma Vero, Juno Beloved, Chris Fuhgwa, Linjoum Climax, Nisber Berg, Abili Carlos, AZ Davids, Daniel N Allo, Casio, Tebo Njei, Amabo Emma, Ateh Macho and all those whom I have not mentioned please we have a duty to send our brother to the second phase of life in the same style he kept us when he was here, Adieu Supper, Canavaro, Ron.
---- ChoCho La

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your donations, prayers, and kind words! May such tragedies be rare and distant!